Thursday, June 26, 2008

Walking!


I am getting tired of text every day, so I'm adding a new feature...pictures. If you have a photo of John to share, please send it along to me directly and I'll post it.

This picture was contributed by VE3EJ, and shows John and Elaine at WRTC2006 in Brazil.


Today they dragged John out of bed, and he walked a little bit around the room. He's using a walker for the time being, so I guess that makes him Single-op Assisted. And that's OK!

He also sat up in a chair for lunch (lobster again, of course).

John has discovered that the sun rises early this time of year in Portland (43 N 70 W) ...about 0500 local. Between then and about 0700 he is pretty busy with nurses invading his space, poking, prodding, etc.

A bunch of cards arrived today...some new mults. Keep 'em coming!

The custom W1CW/K4OJ memorial M&Ms sent by W1YL also arrived. Good job, "ln"! Yes, we remember...

They are talking about a transfer to the rehab hospital possibly as soon as next week. More on this as it develops.

73,


No comments: