Friday, June 27, 2008

The Rehab place DOES have Internet access!!!


That's John over there observing N6TV (L) and K1EA (R) operating OH6MMC at WRTC2002 in Finland (photo by N6TV).
I visited John at the rehab place today. He DOES have Internet access, and we tested out the link to the K3LR 40M remote station. Looks like he is good to go on 40 SSB for Field Day!
While driving up to the rehab place, I noticed a tower with a couple of beams on it. A little detective work turned up that it is the QTH of Bernie, K1SA. Small world.
When John arrived at the rehab place, he was told that he'll only be there for 5-10 DAYS! This is much much less time than he'd been led to believe, and a nice surprise. Hopefully, that is accurate, and the person didn't mean weeks.
I am pretty sure that any cards sent to Maine Medical will reach him OK, but if you want to send a dupe, that is of course encouraged!!!
73,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I talked to John this morning just before he went off for three hours of physical therapy. He said he still hopes to make a Field Day contact or two on 40 SSB. I don't own a microphone but if I hear him I'll call him on code.

A discussion ensued about whether he should say WPA (remotely operating the K3LR station) or ME. This was, like, totally way too existential. So was the question of what category to use -- permanent station or FD station?

John said it's five to 10 days at the "first level" of PT, which he is working on now. How fast the PT progresses will depends on John's grit and determination, and we know about that.

K1TN/2
Atlantic City