Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If you are just joining us...

I suspect that many readers have learned of John's misfortune today via the Contest Update e-Newsletter edited by N0AX.

It will probably help to scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and read from the beginning to answer a lot of the questions and fill in the details.

You can add comments (instructions are in one of the posts), or send John a direct email at W2GD@hotmail.com

Send a card - please - mail really makes John happy.

In fact, he has been quite amazed at the outpouring of support he has received thus far...and the news only made it as far as a couple of club email lists until today. Now that the news has spread far and wide, let's show him what support really is, from the entire contest community. I told him I wouldn't be surprised if he made WAS via email and QSLs. DXCC might be a stretch...can we do it?

73,

DougK1DG@gmail.com

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

To restate what DG has mentioned in this trail, QSL cards (get well cards) are a real motivator. Keep 'em coming! (Judging from the cards that have come thus far, he is well on his way to DXCC).

Was in this morning for a short while to bring him a fresh coffee (better than that DD stuff) and watched some of the exercise regiment that he is going through. All looking good. Met with Elaine and her sister, Carla today - good spirits all around.

Speaking of his FD activity, he did a test last night with K3LR and guess made a QSO on 40 M SSB with Tim's stacked yagis. Just warming up for FD. He does plan to make at least one Q in FD via the remote setup. Pretty cool.

Keep up the good work, see ya soon OM!

Mark, K1RX

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi John, your world-class contest focus will put you in a great position to get through all of this. We're pulling for ya!

Warmest Regards,

Pete, W1RM

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

I've got the "bad" new today from
the win-test list.
What to say? I'm very sorry but
I know things didn't went so bad
and you are recovering.
There's no need to hurry-up, keep
your time and things will go well.
I wish you all my best and cu
in contest!
I'm glad we met down there in Brazil!
Ciao.
Bob, I2WIJ
i2wij@yahoo.com

Martin said...

Howdy John: We've just had a conversation on the phone, and I'm really glad that you are recovering well my friend!. I'm sure you'll receive several "Get well cards" from zone 13 in the next following days. All of the LUCG members asked me to pass their best wishes to you. BTW, thanks for 20 years of contest QSOs! I have to dig in my old log books, but I guess I was 14 y/o when I made my first Qs with
P40GD!!!!!. Get well soon John! We all are looking forward to hearing P40W's magic music again!
73
Martin, LU5DX
www.5bits.net/lu5dx

Anonymous said...

Hello John!
I keep fingers crossed that you´ll be fit enough by CQWW to hand out points to the waiting crowd on their receivers.
Get well soon and here´s a point for your "read all comments" award :-)

73 de Oliver OE5OHO

k4ueee said...

I spoke with John this morning. As others have reported, he is in good spirits and amazingly little pain. He is thankful for his good fortune and his concerned friends. He looks forward to mail call each day!

Bob, K4UEE

Unknown said...

73 from a new "blog mult" - get well soon. Tony HK1AR/W4OI (yes I'm in Colombia at this time so it counts!)

Anonymous said...

Hey John,

With the Olympics coming up, it's fitting that you Go For The Gold in weights, parallel bars, race walking, and every other event in the rehab venue.

73 from another '61 check,

Gary, K9AY

Anonymous said...

Hi John

I just heard the news, really sorry to hear about your accident but I'm sure you'll make a great recovery.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next WRTC if not before.

Warmest wishes

Dave G4BUO

Anonymous said...

John,
Just a note to wish you a speedy recovery. Hope to hear you in the next 160m contest and will be thinking about you during field day. I will be one of the ops at the K0AJW station in North Dakota.

Again speedy recovery and best wishes to you and yours.

Dwayne
KD4POJ
NoDaks other Top Bander