
This picture, courtesy of N2AA, shows John sometime in the mid-90s at the 160M contest site at Sandy Hook, NJ, where he was stringing Beverage antennas.
John says that the Physical and Occupational Therapists really worked him hard today. He is continuing to enjoy incremental progress on both fronts. But after about 2 hours, he had had enough for the day. Ice packs on his hips helped relieve the soreness some!
Elaine and Carla spent the morning and early afternoon with John, then flew home. The schedule for the future is unclear, and will depend on John's progress and eventual release date.
He's now expecting at least 2 weeks in rehab.
As John put it in an email today: "This is the nitty gritty rehab/hard work time.....gotta get through it. Day at a time."
Keep the cards coming, gang!
73,
4 comments:
Go John go. Don't let the Physical Terrorists get you down!
Trying to relate the slow, hard, dull, head pounding, sore muscle kind of feelings you are going through to a contest related activity? Oh yeah, nearly every contest I ever played in and WON! You are gonna win this one OM. Hang in there, KB! (as we YCCCers and NCCCers say).
Mark, K1RX
ps. Just advised the K1R band captain (40 M SSB) of the importance of that W2GD/1 FD Q. He was thrilled to be apart of the history making event. Very cool.
Hey John, nice to talk to you again on Sunday. I hope the PT goes well.
I took a shower in your honor, thinking that I should appreciate being able to do it.
The USPS bounced a card I mailed to you a week ago because I only put one cent postage on it. Man, I can't RS (read shit) without my glasses these days. You are worth at least $0.42.
It's a pretty funny card so I will try again.
K1TN/2
Atlantic City
Hey John.. Great going so far..
Looking forward to hearing you
back on 16oM..
Best Wishes,
W4HJ A.C.
Post a Comment